Welcome to Two Studio Art

Welcome to my blog. I am an artist living in two places therefore the name Two Studio Art. I normally paint in oil but I also enjoy working with pastels. A recent trend in painting is to paint in a small format and to paint often to improve one's skills. While I'm not a daily painter (too many other commitments) I try to paint at least once or twice a week. I recently started painting in plein air and find it a way to really connect with the colors seen in the environment. I am an instructor at Blue Raven Studio in Kayenta at Ivins, Utah where I teach a class at Canvas a la Carte. I also show my work at Blue Raven so stop by and take a look at the paintings that I don't get posted on my blog. I hope you enjoy your visit and return often.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Heading North


Chief
"Old Bear"
Well it is time to pack up and leave the Southwest and head North to Alaska for the summer, but before I leave I will rearrange my studio space at Blue Raven and replace "Two Bear" woman with "Chief" since "Two Bear" is heading for her new home in Las Vegas.  I know the new owner will love her.  I will also teach one more class this evening then clean my brushes and say adios until we return in the fall. Here is "Chief"  and "Old Bear"
I'm looking forward to attempting some quality art this summer in Alaska at the Judi Betts workshop and the Great Alaska Plein Air Retreat http://pleinairalaska.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment