Welcome to Two Studio Art

Welcome to my blog. I am an artist living in two places therefore the name Two Studio Art. I normally paint in oil but I also enjoy working with pastels. A recent trend in painting is to paint in a small format and to paint often to improve one's skills. While I'm not a daily painter (too many other commitments) I try to paint at least once or twice a week. I recently started painting in plein air and find it a way to really connect with the colors seen in the environment. I am an instructor at Blue Raven Studio in Kayenta at Ivins, Utah where I teach a class at Canvas a la Carte. I also show my work at Blue Raven so stop by and take a look at the paintings that I don't get posted on my blog. I hope you enjoy your visit and return often.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Latest Art



Court of the Patriarchs at Zion NP
With lots of company and travel since February I was surprised to see I still had a little time to complete a few pieces of art.  I just completed this painting of Zion National Park in the Court of the Patriarchs (also Oil 14" x 18").   I also completed these paintings of a Rooster and Hens ( Oil 14" x 18").  They were lots of fun to paint and the added humor of the hens provided me with a good laugh.  Let me know if they give you a chuckle as well.
Henrietta, Scarlett, and Marilyn
Rufus

No comments:

Post a Comment