Welcome to Two Studio Art

Welcome to my blog. I am an artist living in two places therefore the name Two Studio Art. I normally paint in oil but I also enjoy working with pastels. A recent trend in painting is to paint in a small format and to paint often to improve one's skills. While I'm not a daily painter (too many other commitments) I try to paint at least once or twice a week. I recently started painting in plein air and find it a way to really connect with the colors seen in the environment. I am an instructor at Blue Raven Studio in Kayenta at Ivins, Utah where I teach a class at Canvas a la Carte. I also show my work at Blue Raven so stop by and take a look at the paintings that I don't get posted on my blog. I hope you enjoy your visit and return often.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Getting Back To My Art

"American Bison" oil  photographed by Roger Head

"King of Kauai" oil  Photographed by Jennifer Slaughter

"Across the Lake" acrylic  Photographed at Florence Lake Willow Alaska
I haven't pulled up this page since my last post on May 3rd 2012.  It kind of shocked me to see that I had such great art plans for that summer.  Unfortunately on May 8th 2012, I was diagnosed with the big "C" and for almost two years I didn't have the energy or concentration to create art or to write my blog.  I have gradually come back to art and hopefully I can write what I want to say.  Believe me "Chemo Brain" is a real affliction.  Needless to say I missed the Great Alaska Plein Air retreat put on by the Painted Ladies and also the Betts workshop. Well enough about that.  I am healthy now and intend to stay that way for some time to come and I had a blast on the Great Alaska Plein Air retreat this year which was a cruise through the Alaska Inland Passage.  We painted in every port and I was able to complete a couple of paintings that I liked.  I posted them on Facebook so won't post again here.   I also took a class painting with Alcohol Ink.  What a free form of art that is.  One never knows what you will end up with.  I will post the results of that class when I get the photos downloaded.  This past winter while living in beautiful Kayenta I also painted a couple of pictures that I haven't posted so I will add them to my blog.  Hope you enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment